I’m very happy to be here and a part of the What’s Brewing team. What’s Brewing Magazine’s Winter Issue came out last week. One of my main goals with these weekly e-blasts is to highlight some of the great events happening around BC and keep you, the Craft Beer Community informed. Speaking of, have you checked out our Community Events page? January used to be known as the slow month, but I think you’ll agree by the number of events already listed that this is no longer the case. Wondering when this year’s Farmhouse Fest or BC Beer Awards will be? They’re on there too!
A few things coming up in the next week or so:
- Callister Brewing Collaboration Cask with Faculty Brewing: A new version of the MinzeWeizen was made (Hefeweizen with Peppermint Tea) – tapping it 2pm today! (Thurs Jan 14th)
- Storm Brewing: Lenny’s Late Night Luau. A Friday night social at the brewery tomorrow, Jan 15th, 6 – 9pm. Their beer board will be taken over by their favourite summertime brews and you can try their famous ice cream beer floats!
- Central City Brewers & Distillers are launching their first ever sour beer, a Barrel-Aged Sour Brown, Thursday Jan 21st, 6pm at their Beatty Street location.
- Smöregåsboard: Imperial Chocolate Bourbon Stout Collaboration between Parallel 49 Brewing, Knob Creek and Butcher & Bullock. A whole barrel of it will be tapped and paired with s’mores Thursday Jan 21st @ 7pm!
- Category 12 Brewmasters Dinner at The Guild Freehouse Monday Jan 25th. 5 courses paired.
Looking to plan a “Beercation?” March 4 – 12th is Victoria Beer Week, showcasing over 50 breweries from around BC at dynamic events all over the Greater Victoria area. Okanagan Fest of Ale is also just around the corner happening April 8 & 9th.
Joe Wiebe – Thirsty Writer will be on CBC’s All Points West Radio today @ 5:30pm as part of his new 10-week beer column. Today’s episode will cover the birth and development of the Craft Beer Revolution here in BC right up until today — and into the future. Listen in.
Thank you for tuning in for the first of many weekly e-blasts. Comments or suggestions can be sent to me here. This is a work in progress so you can a look forward to variety of content as time goes on.
Monica Frost, Communications
What’s Brewing BC