About This Issue
Fall 2019’s 48 pages contain 17 stories and features, including:
- Cover Story: Destination:Exploration | Page 20
The What’s Brewing Biography features Mariner Brewing. Find out how some crafty young science fans are charting a course to beer discovery.
- Kickin’ It Old Skool with West Coast IPA | Page 24
The Tasting Panel dials back the clock to when you could see through your IPA.
- The Death of the Growler…and my part in its downfall | Page 11
Adam Chatburn sees dwinding sales of growlers, and recalls a key negotiation which may have affected the format’s fate.
- How To Name A Brewery by Leif Miltenberger | Page 13
Managing Partner at Hired Guns Creative presents a branding guide and an amazing interactive BC brewery list.
- Is Craft Beer Still Growing? by Dustan Sept | Page 18
The founder of Beer Me BC takes a closer look at BC breweries & beer volume growth.
As well as these insights:
- What Style is This Beer Again? Beer Contamination by J. Random
- Festival Follies: An In-Cider’s View by Jeff Nairn
- Taiwan’s Craft Beer Comes of Age by Brian K. Smith
- Oh, Ontario! by the BeerSeekers
- The Kveik Way to Ferment Beer: Warren Boyer and Dave Henry look at 2019’s hottest yeast trend
- What’s Brewing Goes to the Movies: two beer documentary reviews by Ted Child
Plus these BC Beer Updates:
- John Mitchell: Celebration of Life recap
- Beers, Beaches & Breweries: Okanagan update by Kim Lawton
- Northern BC Craf-tacular by Adam Arthur
- Out & About with Scottie McLellan
- The Hopline: Fall Events Calendar by Ed Kaye
Tell your friends! Then open a brew, kick back and read about craft beer. Check it out!