For Immediate Release – October 25, 2019
As a result of the very successful 2019 Okanagan Fest of Ale Craft Beer and Cider Festival, the Okanagan Fest of Ale Society was able to donate $60,000 in net proceeds to charity in the community.
At a presentation held on October 24th, 2019 in Penticton, Okanagan Fest of Ale Board of Directors, event volunteers, sponsors, supporters and charitable recipients gathered to celebrate the success of the 24th Annual Okanagan Fest of Ale Craft Beer Festival. The Okanagan Fest of Ale Society Board was thrilled to announce that a total of $60,000 was to be distributed amongst 20 well-deserving, local charitable organizations at the combined charitable grant presentation and volunteer appreciation event.
“This year’s donation brings the total funds distributed by the Society to $757,600” said John Cruickshank, President of the Okanagan Fest of Ale Society. Highlighting the event were presentations made by representatives from each of the charitable organizations including Pathways Addiction Resource Centre, OSNS and the Breakfast Learning Club.
Cruickshank summarized, “On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Okanagan Fest of Ale Society, we would like to extend thanks to all vendors, sponsors, supporters, volunteers, entertainers, judges, media and attendees for making this event an incredible success year over year. Be sure to save the date for the 25th Annual Okanagan Fest of Ale taking place April 17th and 18th 2020 in Penticton – it will be our biggest party yet”!
The 2018-2019 Okanagan Fest of Ale Charity Recipients include:
- Agur Lake Camp Society
- Breakfast Learning Club Penticton
- Canadian Mental Health Association – South Okanagan Similkameen
- Desert Valley Hospice Society
- Dragonfly Pond Family Society
- Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs
- Okanagan College Foundation
- OSNS Child and Youth Development Centre
- Pathways Addictions Resource Centre
- Peach City Community Radio
- Penticton Recovery Resource Society
- School District 67
- Skaha Bluffs Park Watch
- South Okanagan Loss Society
- South Okanagan Medical Foundation
- South Okanagan Volunteer Society
- Special Olympics BC – Penticton
- St. Saviour’s Community Meal
- The Penticton & Area Access Centre
- The Penticton Centre for Exceptional Learning
For further information please contact: 250.492.4355 or inf[email protected]
Filed under: Announcements (Press Releases), Events & Festivals, Politics & Advocacy
Tagged under: Charity, Community, Donation, Okanagan Fest of Ale Craft Beer and Cider Festival, Okanagan Fest of Ale Society, Penticton, The Okanagan Fest of Ale