For Immediate Release
As a result of the very successful 2018 Okanagan Fest of Ale Craft Beer and Cider Festival, the Okanagan Fest of Ale Society was able to donate $60,000 in net proceeds to charity in the community.
At a presentation held on October 11th, 2018 in Penticton Okanagan Fest of Ale Board of Directors, event volunteers, sponsors, supporters and charitable recipients gathered together to celebrate the success of the 23rd annual Okanagan Fest of Ale Craft Beer Festival. The Okanagan Fest of Ale Society Board was thrilled to announce that a total of $60,000 was to be distributed amongst 20 well-deserving, local charitable organizations at the combined charitable grant presentation and volunteer appreciation event.
“This is one of the largest disbursements to charity we’ve had the pleasure of distributing and brings the total donations made by the Society to $697,660” said John Cruickshank, President of the Okanagan Fest of Ale Society. Highlighting the event were presentations made by representatives from each of the charitable organizations detailing their organizations initiatives and benefits to the community.
Cruickshank summarized, “On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Okanagan Fest of Ale Society, we would like to extend thanks to all vendors, sponsors, supporters, volunteers, entertainers, judges, media and attendees for making this event an incredible success year over year. Be sure to save the date for 24th annual event taking place April 12th and 13th 2019 in Penticton.
The 2017 – 2018 Okanagan Fest of Ale Charity Recipients include:
- Agur Lake Camp Society
- Breakfast Learning Club Penticton
- Desert Valley Hospice Society
- Dragonfly Pond Family Society
- Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs
- Okanagan College Foundation
- Okanagan School of the Arts, Shatford Centre
- OneSky Community Resources
- OSNS Child and Youth Development Centre
- Pathways Addictions Resource Centre
- Penticton Recovery Resource Society
- Penticton Seniors’ Drop-In Centre Society
- School District 67
- South Okanagan Loss Society
- South Okanagan Medical Foundation
- South Okanagan Similkameen Brain Injury Society
- St. Saviour’s Community Meal
- The Penticton & Area Access Centre
- The Penticton Centre for Exceptional Learning
- YES Project
For further information please contact: 250.492.4355 or firstname.lastname@example.org
With thanks to our 2018 Sponsors