For Immediate Release
PENTICTON, BC – As a result of the very successful 2016 Okanagan Fest of Ale Craft Beer and Cider Festival, the Okanagan Fest-of-Ale Society is thrilled to donate $40,000 back to the community.
At a presentation held in Penticton Thursday October 13th, 2016 the Okanagan Fest of Ale Society’s Board of Directors, event volunteers, sponsors, and supporters gathered to celebrate the success of the 21st Annual Okanagan Fest of Ale. “A great night was had by all at our Volunteer Appreciation & Charity Disbursement Dinner last evening. This year $40,000.00 was given back to local charities and not for profit societies” says incoming President John Cruickshank.
Grants were distributed to 13 well-deserving, local charitable organizations and representatives from each were invited to provide insight into their organizations initiatives. “As a volunteer it is great to see where the fruits of our efforts are directed, and see firsthand, how we are helping the community,” offered one of the volunteers in attendance.
The Okanagan Fest of Ale, one of the best-known and well-respected events in the province, is a two-day Consumer Beer and Cider Tasting held at the Penticton Trade and Convention Centre in early April each year. The event is managed by a volunteer Board of Directors and staffed primarily by community minded volunteers – a set-up that makes “giving back” so generously possible. “A huge thank you to all the volunteers and sponsors who continue to support BC’s premiere craft beer festival” said Cruickshank. “Be sure to mark your calendar for April 7th and 8th 2017 for the 22nd annual event”.
The 2015-2016 Okanagan Fest of Ale Charity Recipients include:
- Agur Lake Camp Society
- Community Foundation of the South Okanagan – Okanagan Fest of Ale Legacy Fund
- Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs
- Okanagan College Foundation Bursary
- Okanagan School of the Arts, Shatford Centre
- Okanagan Similkameen Neurological Society
- Pathways Addictions Resource Centre
- School District #67
- South Okanagan Similkameen Brain Injury Society
- South Okanagan Similkameen Medical Foundation
- South Okanagan Victim Assistance Society
- The Penticton Centre for Exceptional Learning
- The Summerland Cat Sanctuary (Critteraid)
Media – For more information, please contact: Ginger Budinski, Event Coordinator at 250.492.4355 or [email protected]