Eight new ale trails will launch this summer — bringing the total to 15 — in areas ranging from lakeside towns to the metropolitan big city.
The new trails are:
- BC’s multicultural craft beer capital, Vancouver, where a diverse range of breweries lie within short walking distance;
- The lush farmland of the Fraser Valley, which is rediscovering its hops industry as it discovers craft beer;
- The Okanagan lakeside cities of Kelowna and Penticton, which get a trail each;
- The rapidly expanding Metro Vancouver suburbs of New West, Delta and Surrey, home to some of BC’s most highly regarded breweries;
- The North Shore, nestled between sea and mountains, where you can ski, kayak and drink fresh beer in the same day;
- The outdoor adventure hub of Squamish, where craft beer slakes the apres thirst of climbers and mountain bikers;
- and the seaside charms and brewery tasting rooms of Cowichan, Nanaimo, Parksville and Qualicum Beach.