A decade ago, a food truck pulled up in a Tofino parking lot and started slinging Baja-influenced cuisine with Canadian West Coast flair. Ten years later, Tacofino is an established brand with real brick-and-mortar locations in addition to its fleet of trucks.
Tacofino’s iconic menu is served with many types of beverages in its many locations, but at its Hastings Commissary outlet there are eight taps of BC craft beer for the ultimate pairing experience. Now they’ve taken the marriage of beer and tacos one step further with a series of beer pairing dinners, monthly from March to July 2019.
To kick things off in the most appropriate fashion, the March event featured a tap takeover by Tofino Brewing Company, naturally Tacofino’s oldest beer friend. Back in the day, there was just a taco truck and a beer growler dispenser station in a windy back lot. Both companies are flourishing today!
What’s Brewing was there to capture the occasion in photos (and mouthfuls). The kickoff beer pairing dinner was as follows:
- Smoked Salmon Tostada with Blonde Ale: a most easy drinking beer, and Tofino Brewing’s best seller
- Grilled Shrimp Taco with Dimension Ascension: a dry-hopped Pale Ale typically only available at the brewery
- Crispy Honey Chicken with Hoppin’ Cretin: a well-balanced IPA–old school meets new school flavour
- Wild Boar Gringa with Kelp Stout: made from sustainably harvested Bamfield Kelp–flavours of salted dark chocolate
- Chocolate Flan with Dawn Patrol winter seasonal: coffee, bourbon and vanilla beans make this an all-time winter favourite and a perfect nightcap
Rich flavours and great craft beer to complement made it a perfect dining experience! Tickets available here →