If you’re the type of beer lover that’s not satisfied with conducting all your brew exploration at the closest tasting room or bottle shop, you might already be a fan of what we like to call “craft beer tourism.” If so, you may already know that Beautiful British Columbia is home to ~150 breweries that would love for you to pay them a visit on your next craft crusade.
Travel season starts right now, so quick like an Easter bunny, hop on your laptop and make those plans. But where do you find a beer map of BC? Well, the What’s Brewing BC Craft Beer Map is a good starting point to get your bearings and pick a region. Find it at www.whatsbrewing.ca/ map.
Then, once you’re ready to dig in deeper, you’ll want to visit our friends with brewery list benefits:
- BC ALE TRAIL: North America’s most comprehensive regional beer tourism website. www.bcaletrail.ca
- THE GROWLER: BC craft beer guidebook & directory, $2 at most tasting rooms and craft beer outlets. www.thegrowler.ca
- BEER ME BC: Brewery map & listing with links to beer reviews. beermebc.com/bc-breweries
More than just Vancouver and Victoria
We know that BC’s two major centres are hubs for craft beer. But you can find world-class breweries in many other regions of BC, and enjoy the province and its outdoors along the way. Looking for clues? What’s Brewing contributors know how to get around, and we’ve been a great source of #StaycationBC beer travel insights over the years. Look up our stories at www.whatsbrewing.ca/travel, or just click these links to see what we have to say about beercations around BC.
ISLAND & COAST
- Visit the Sunshine Coast, loop up to Powell River then down via the North Island, Mid-Island & Cowichan Valley. Read 12 Breweries Make One Week and Why Beer Drinkers Come to Cumberland.
- On the way back, go Gulf Island Beer Hopping or take a Sea To Sky Vacation Adventure.
OKANAGAN & INTERIOR
- This spring, it’s beer festival season in Penticton and Kelowna. Make it an Okanagan Beer Festival Getaway with our tips, Part I (Fest Of Ale) and Part II (Great Okakagan Beer Fest).
- Or, this summer, take a Staycation BC in the South Okanagan or the Thompson/North & Central Okanagan.
- Want to go farther than that? Try Roaming the Beer Frontier in Northern BC, or take a Staycation BC in the Kootenay/Rockies.