On the horizon and approaching rapidly is the Great Okanagan Beer Festival in Kelowna BC, slated for May 13th 2017 (with satellite events from May 11th – 14th). This festival is much newer than its recently-held Penticton counterpart (Okanagan Fest Of Ale) and is still growing. Evidence: at the inaugural GOBF two years ago, there were 40+ breweries on tap. In 2017, the number has increased to 55+. Festival attendance has grown even faster.
What’s Brewing recently touched base with Tara Myers, Partnerships And Events Manager with GOBF organizer Gibbons Whistler (evolved from Gibbons Hospitality Group; they also present the annual Whistler Village Beer Festival). Tara filled us in on the following:
Where are we with ticket sales? We see that “All Access” is sold out; are the regular tickets doing well?
Tara: Yes, ticket sales are tracking well! We’re hopeful for another sell-out this year, even with our expanded on-site capacity which allows for an extra 500 patrons.
How are you doing for volunteers?
Tara: We’ve had an amazing response from the people of Kelowna, and have actually filled all of our volunteer positions!
What else do people need to know?
Tara: Tickets are going fast (only General Admission remaining) so make sure you get yours now, prices will go up at the gates and this event sold out last year!
Also there is a full lineup of peripheral events at our partner venues (full event schedule here) so make sure to check those out as well.
So let’s check out those other events Tara’s talking about. Aside from the actual festival (the “Main Event“), visitors to Kelowna can enjoy many other activities, including some we’ve chosen to highlight here:
- THUR MAY 11: GOBF 2017 Opening Ceremonies featuring Neverland Nights
- THUR MAY 11: Fernie Brewing Co. Tap Takeover @ The Train Station Pub
- THUR MAY 11: Category 12 Beer Dinner guided by brewer Michael Kuzyk
- FRI MAY 12: Tap Takeover @ The Curious Café
- FRI MAY 12: Intimate Beer Dinner with Brent Mills of Four Winds Brewing
- FRI MAY 12: First Annual Brewers Social @ BNA Brewing Co. & Eatery
- SAT MAY 13: Brewer’s Brunch @ OAK + CRU
- SAT MAY 13: THE MAIN EVENT (the actual GOBF, 12pm-5pm @ Waterfront Park)
- SAT MAY 13: Tap Takeover @ The Curious Café
- SAT MAY 13: Official Afterparty featuring Streetlight Society @ The Train Station Pub
- SUN MAY 14: Hair of the Dog Brunch @ The Train Station Pub
That wasn’t all! The full list is here,
Event Date: Saturday, May 13 2017
Event Time: 12:00 PM
Location: Waterfront Park, Kelowna, BC