*** UPDATE: ADDITIONAL SATURDAY TICKETS RELEASED ***
Founded in 1993, the Great Canadian Beer Festival is Canada’s longest-running craft-only beer festival. It’s a two-day event held the weekend after Labour Day every September in Victoria, BC’s original home of craft beer. It features more than 60 breweries and close to 200 beverages to sample from across BC and Canada.
It’s not just about size, though. Visiting BC’s original craft beer mega-festival means that you’re checking one of the most critical items off your BC craft beer bucket list. GCBF is a tradition that thousands of past attendees understand. Here’s what to expect:
- An awesome outdoor experience on beautiful green grass. When GCBF went outdoors in 2003, it created a blueprint–since copied more than once–for what a beer festival can be.
- Some of the most fun roaming musical entertainment. No massive concerts, mind you: just fun.
- A really cool beer ethic. This festival is respected by the brewers because they know it’s the original.
- An actual guidebook to all the beers, with a map and descriptions. Some more-recent festivals don’t do that. It’s a great asset to have for newbies and veterans alike, and thanks to recycling, a printed booklet is guilt-free.
- More costumes than any other BC beer fest (try fact-checking that. Those that have been there know it’s not even close). Revellers cast aside their inhibitions and come wearing everything from lederhosen to chicken suits. So dress up for the occasion! Get your group to coordinate your colours so you can find each other easily. Prepare to be in lots of photos!
If you’re heading to Victoria from out of town, make sure to go early and see why Victoria has been voted one of the Top 10 ‘best cities in the world to visit.’ Or better yet, just prepare to tour the very walkable beer circuit in and around the downtown harbour. Use our craft map to get planning if you like, whatsbrewing.ca/map.
Tickets for GCBF 2016 go on sale 9 am PST, July 23, 2016 via Etix.
*** ADDITIONAL SATURDAY TICKETS RELEASED: tickets still available for both days via Etix ***
The festival takes place Friday and Saturday September 9-10, 2016. Festival website >>