In 2011, the Minister of Agriculture, Don McRae officially proclaimed October to be BC Craft Beer Month. It was a month of celebrating BC Craft beers, and of course, the brewers behind those great beers. We have never looked back.With almost 100 breweries in BC, more than ever we have so much to celebrate. Not only that, local BC cideries are opening up throughout the province. We are also noticing more local production of malt and hops- a win-win for breweries, cideries and consumers.
WHAT’S NEW THIS YEAR?
- We’ve revamped our logo, courtesy of the creative people at Line49 Design
- The BC Craft Brewers Guild and BC Craft Beer Month have joined forces in a partnership to leverage and promote the celebration of BC Craft beer in October
- A province-wide Kick-off party and awareness campaign aimed at celebrating BC Craft beer. All will be revealed on the site as plans and events unfold.
- Brew Culture is one of our major sponsors. They provide hops and many products that are needed to create the great beers that we want to drink.
- The inaugural BC FIRST fresh beer festival on a hop farm! Saturday October 3rd.
WHAT’S COMING BACK IN YEAR FIVE?
- We have partnered up once again with BC Beer Awards festival and beer award at the Croatian Hall in Vancouver-with an expanded area, with more breweries, and now also cideries! It all happens Saturday October 24th.
- While the BC Craft Packs are gone, the BC government liquors stores will have a designated area in some of their key stores to highlight a variety of BC craft beers.
- Special release beers? There will be the third BC Craft Brewers Guild collaboration coming out, and you can be sure there will be some great fresh hops and pumpkin beers available.
- Harrison Beer Festival, now in year four, with a cask night, a beer festival and an Oktoberfest.
- Women and Beer event? Yes – maybe even two.
- Brew Master dinners? Tap takeovers? Beer pairing events? Yes, they will be there!
- Oktoberfests? Cask events? Pumpkin beer fests and competitions? You bet!
ARE YOU IN? WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
Sponsorships start at $100 and will get your logo and link on the BC Craft Beer Month website along with Social media support on Facebook and Twitter.